View Single Post
Old 12.27.2023, 10:14 AM   #1177
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagon
It's kind of a pity this only works on a state-by-state basis when there are ample reasons he should be barred from running again, period. But I guess it's better than nothing. I'm hoping this will domino into a bunch of other states following suit - looking towards Georgia and New York - not that the latter would make much of a difference based on where his voters are. But it would be a nice added bonus to see his former home state giving him the boot. Was there another state with running investigations/court cases? I've sort of lost track, the guy leaves a trail of crime and gross misconduct wherever he sets foot.
what is the real pity is that americans live in 2 alternate realities that seldom meet

republicans have started an impeachment inquiry against biden with no evidence of wrongdoing whatsoever. im not saying that biden is a saint, but come on. he's already guilty of amazing conspiracies, in their wacko minds

but hey!

a cult is a cult is a cult is a cult

that is what's really going on. a cult

=

while the usa is a country, yes it's got a bigger territory than europe, has 50 states instead of 27 or 28 nations (i forget the exact number, sorry), has 75% of the population, etc etc

now if you compare the usa to europe as a whole you'll have a better scale to grasp things. europe has orbán and duda and wilders and le pen and meloni & co (she's more reasonable than her associates it seems). and that person in slovakia and some swedes and germans etc etc. oh and you have your own austrian corporals as well. europe as a whole is held together by brussels rules i guess, but what happens in various places is still their own local thing. about a third of eu countries have not even adopted the common currency

the us federal government has more central power over its union than brussels over its own, of course, especially since we had the civil war. but states have their rights per the constitution and that's the way it's been from the start. i can sit on an entire home armory in one state, and get arrested for having a pocket knife in the next one

so when you think of "states" think about portugal, denmark, bulgaria, ireland, cyprus... not as the same thing as our states, but just for scale and perspective. wyoming has a population right between those of malta and luxembourg. california, similar to poland. florida, more than romania. new york state more than the netherlands. pennsylvania, more than belgium.... etc etc. massive place!

=

and now to stich it all together from my rambling mess: the trump cult is what is keeping the states from working more cohesively at the federal level, as of late

and so the states go off on their own. as they are entitled to do. here in this case, because they run their own elections

but it's not like the states have always worked well together. from the origins, the constitution was supplemented by the bill of rights, the division between free and slave states set the stage for a bloody civil war, etc etc.... and now we have this shit
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|