View Single Post
Old 07.18.2010, 12:42 AM   #89
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
The thing is, though, just the idea of doing those things will get people "liking" it, regardless of the quality.

I watched Art School Confidential last night, and while it was sort of a mess (albeit a charming one) and this point is really obvious, it still is good to bring up... it doesn't matter if it's "good", it matters if it's "interesting", because anyone can convince anyone else that something is "good" if it has enough going for it.

For example, I may not like the sound of a band who makes music with nothing but bicycles but I'll certainly remember them because that's interesting. On the other hand, I may not remember a pop punk band who sounds like all the rest, even if they're serviceable, because there's already enough serviceable bands.

I think the best bands tote the line between tried and true music conventions, but still not being strictly musical at all times. There's no such thing as a "wrong" note.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|