View Single Post
Old 02.23.2017, 08:14 AM   #6695
pony
the end of the ugly

pony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
That's fucking awful. I'm sorry to hear it.

I lost my collection about 12 years ago. Most of it anyway. Almost all the tapes, CD's and vinyl I'd collected over the first 20-something years of my life gone. Luckily I kept my "best of the best" collection separate, as that's all I was able to keep. I'm still playing catch-up, still re-buying albums.

I also lost my entire SY collection once in a separate incident. That stung.

It does suck, but in the end it's only things and almost everything can be replaced. It was also kind of freeing, losing almost everything I owned. It just really sucked that I didn't have a place for a few weeks and that I have to live rather far out of the center of town now. But it's cheap and I can use the money. So that's that.

I do get sad every now and then when I think "OH, I should put on record XY!" and realize that I don't have it anymore. But that's what spotify is for, I guess...

My Sonic Youth collection is basically non-existent anymore. Have some records, was able to save my Psychic Hearts Vinyl.. but all the shirts, the rare trinkets, VHS', cassettes,... gone.

BUT! it could be worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
Oh man, that's HORRIBLE. Just this morning I accidentally spilled some Coca-Cola on a couple of magazines and I went apeshit. If I lost a portion of my music collection like you did I would SHOOT myself in the HEAD.

I only cried, like, 3 times after it happened. Life goes on and now I don't have so much stuff to carry whenever I decide to move houses again. My friends are really lazy haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
Sorry to hear that, Pony......curious about the album you miss the most?

I don't think I *really* miss any of my records. Every now and then when I get into the mood to listen to a certain band and won't stop listening to them for a few days/weeks I sometimes think "Oh man, I used to own the record" and get sad. Most of the time, if the bank account allows for it, I just go out and get the record and the problem is solved. Right now I have this with Sweater-Kinney, which is why I bought the two albums this week. But there is still a lot missing.

But it's okay. I have to learn to be patient, for now I have all the SK music files saved on my phone and listen to them on heavy rotation. Such a great band, makes me wanna jump around and do stuff!
pony is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|