View Single Post
Old 03.08.2008, 01:50 AM   #111
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
They totally acted like they were trying to appear and sound quirky, weird and fucked up, when in fact they came across as more than a bit irritating. I love chaos and all the things above when a band can't help but being that way, but with Pavement seemed to me like some rich kids playing at pissing off their parents with the very instruments that were bought for them. And I really, really can't figure out Malkmus at all. Not at all.

Gary Numan was a rich kid who's father paid for his instruments. I see nothing wrong with that.

I'm a poor kid and I pay for my instruments, but I see nothing shameful about being rich and getting pampered, as long as you make good music.

I see your argument though. Slanted and Enchanted and Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain can give that vibe and can get pretty monotonous. Wowee Zowee is much, much, much better than both those albums combined. I judge them based on Wowee, which I'd probably place among my favorite albums of all time.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|