View Single Post
Old 12.29.2022, 06:35 AM   #149
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
oh wait I think R. Ring album was already mentioned somewhere because you will get a zine with it that features Lee Renaldo

sooo let's give my top 2022 albums. I don't have a top 500, I don't listen to so much new music, let alone that I buy. So here's a list in alphabetical order:

Chantal Acda & Eric Thielemans - A new score for Koyaanisqatsi
Alessandro Baris - Sintesi (and not just because Lee Ranaldo does the vocals on one of the tracks)
Black Ox Orkestar - Everything Returns
Brutus - Unison Life
Bert Dockx - Safe
Esmerine - Everything Was Forever Until It Was No More
Oiseaux-Tempéte - Live at Le Guess Who? 2019
Oiseaux-Tempéte - WHAT ON EARTH (Que Diable)
Thought Forms - Clean

For the record, there's still some albums I bought this year that are not in my favourite list (mainly Jessica Moss and Mono's), because I don't like them as much as the others.
There's also albums that I bought but actually never really listened to (In/Out/In, sorry). It's not on my phone nor on my bandcamp.
There's also some albums that are not in the list because I haven't bought them yet but I might still (mainly Dans Dans comes to mind, as well as Bruno Bavota & Chantal Acda)

what I listened to most however, especially on my train-commutes to and from work, were live sets by A Silver Mt. Zion and Dirty Three, I've pretty much randomly selected a whole bunch of their live recordings and stuffed my phone full with them. And even though there's plenty of other music on it as well, I keep on returning to those two.

Favourite new artist that I discovered in 2022:
Fĺgelle

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|