View Single Post
Old 07.19.2012, 03:06 AM   #5
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
There are not many artists I listen whose material from the beginning to middle I donīt like at all, but hereīs few kind of:

Sielun Veljet - I really donīt understand that band at first at all (the reason is I was ten years old when they came so I wasnīt at the right age). Then they made their acoustic album Suomi-Finland in 1988 and I realised how great they were! And I started also love their earlier material (their first album from 1983 is really great, a true Finnish accompanion to Birthday Partyīs Prayers in Fire, only SV debut has something real deep Finnish, something very shamanistic).

Regina - I really didnīt like their only-machine-made pop at all. Then in their third album they started to add natural instruments and I think also the music changed little bit deeper. I donīt still like their earlier material.

the Beatles - Well, this is sort of. There was period, when I think their before Rubber Soul -material isnīt as serious as the after-material. Now I love them all.

John Parish - I think he was quite mediocre with his band Automatic Dlamini, but when he started his solo career, he has been brilliant!

And then the now sucks...(there are quite many of them, hereīs few)

Stooges - their sixties/seventies material is just great. Weirdness donīt sound Stooges at all. Why they didnīt make it under some other name or Iggyīs solo?

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Sad example, how band full of energy turned into very boring middle-aged ballad band. Iīm glad there are some great artists to whom that didnīt happend at least so badly, of course no-one canīt be forever angry young band. For example Sonic Youth, Nick Cave, Dr. John and the Who have made great albums also in the old age. Tom Waits is a funny exception; he was much more serene in the seventies than now!

Rush - I donīt say they totally suck now, but I have had no reason to listen their albums after Presto.

Genesis - They were very great in the seventies (with Peter Gabriel) then they turned slowly towards AOR. Well, I like a little bit their "We Canīt Dance"-album, but after Phil Collins material has been just boring.

Jimi Tenor - This is already mentioned. I really love his band Jimi Tenor and his Shamans, but somehow I havenīt like his solos very much. And the last albums Iīve heard (that are based on the African tradion) just donīt hit me because I think Jimi just canīt achieve them the right mood and feelings. Maybe because heīs not African born (of course there are exceptions, for example sixties band Love sound real English altough theyīre Americans).
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|