View Single Post
Old 03.23.2006, 01:36 AM   #51
GeneticKiss
expwy. to yr skull

GeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's asses

The next idiot that calls Nirvana, Radiohead, or the Beatles overrated gets their jaw busted.

I grant you that we're all entitled to our own opinions, but it seems like these guys get picked on more than anyone.

Nirvana-many of us wouldn't be SY fans without Nirvana. Yes, Kurt does get a bit overworshipped by some kids these days, but you have to admit they don't much much else worship-worthy from their own generation (the day people start hailing My Chemical Romance as geniuses is the day I decorate the walls with my brain)...

Radiohead-released two of the best albums of the 90s- The Bends and OK Computer, and the first great of the 21st century, Kid A...yeah, sure, their last album was a slight disappointment (on some of the tracks Thom actually does sound like the whiner many of his detractors make him out to be), but it doesn't take away from the fact that few to no artists before them have been able to use the studio technology that most bands use to make themselves sound "bigger" to sound more interesting, and have integrated electric (guitar, bass) with electronic (synths, loops) music better than most of their contemporaies.

The Beatles- they helped create guitar pop as we know it today...and besides, I think many people just say "Fuck the Beatles" so they can sound "punk", or "indie", or "underground" whatever. Grow up.
GeneticKiss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|