View Single Post
Old 11.18.2019, 10:21 AM   #51993
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Man, everyone says New Order > Joy Division but I just cannot abide that.

For my dumb, uncultured ass, the band that made Unknown Pleasures & Closer is >>>>
i dont know this “everyone” that you speak of. i think there’s a thread about it here actually, and as i recall opinions were divided. who cares though? i mean... i don’t like it because other people like it... anyone who does that is an idiot. i just like what i like and my tastes change with time and that’s life. what’s interesting for me is to hear other people’s explanations.

anyway joy division was a great band, no doubt. but my problem with them now is i can always hear the hangman. i mean this constant drive towards depression and self obliteration that promptly tires me the fuck out.

new order was a great reinvention, and has a much larger output and were in more ways defining of their era. yes they at times made some horrendous unlistenable disco, but their best stuff i can listen to all day in every possible remix and not feel like i drank a bad batch of kombucha and now need medicine.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|