View Single Post
Old 05.25.2023, 12:04 PM   #159
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _tunic_
sooo let's give my top 2022 albums. I don't have a top 500, I don't listen to so much new music, let alone that I buy. So here's a list in alphabetical order:

Chantal Acda & Eric Thielemans - A new score for Koyaanisqatsi
Alessandro Baris - Sintesi (and not just because Lee Ranaldo does the vocals on one of the tracks)
Black Ox Orkestar - Everything Returns
Brutus - Unison Life
Bert Dockx - Safe
Esmerine - Everything Was Forever Until It Was No More
Oiseaux-Tempéte - Live at Le Guess Who? 2019
Oiseaux-Tempéte - WHAT ON EARTH (Que Diable)
Thought Forms - Clean

For the record, there's still some albums I bought this year that are not in my favourite list (mainly Jessica Moss and Mono's), because I don't like them as much as the others.
There's also albums that I bought but actually never really listened to (In/Out/In, sorry). It's not on my phone nor on my bandcamp.
There's also some albums that are not in the list because I haven't bought them yet but I might still (mainly Dans Dans comes to mind, as well as Bruno Bavota & Chantal Acda)

what I listened to most however, especially on my train-commutes to and from work, were live sets by A Silver Mt. Zion and Dirty Three, I've pretty much randomly selected a whole bunch of their live recordings and stuffed my phone full with them. And even though there's plenty of other music on it as well, I keep on returning to those two.

Favourite new artist that I discovered in 2022:
Fĺgelle

I'm adding these two albums to my list of best 2022 albums, even though I discovered them only like a week or so ago:

This Shame Should Not Be Mine by GGGOLDDD

This Shame Should Not Be Mine - Live at Roadburn Redux by GGGOLDDD

As I said in the Listening thread:

If these albums weren't released last year, they would be ranked on the top spots for album of the year for this year. Very heavy stuff but very very good. Read a review/interview on them to find out more.

There's not many Dutch bands that I really like, very few actually. Belgians yes yes, French too, but Dutch nah don't like them, and don't know them, except some of the oldies like Bettie Serveert and The Ex. These albums are great though.

There's also a video stream for the live album:
GGGOLDDD "This Shame Should Not Be Mine" live at Roadburn Redux

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|