View Single Post
Old 01.28.2023, 11:30 PM   #36
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skuj
Well, come on now....

It is a substitution.

No, it's not. I emphasize it especially because Severian mentioned the Waits Real Gone remaster, which does replace the previous version. (Incidentally, Severian, what you describe sounds more like a full-on remix than a remaster.) Here, they are not replacing the 1997 Time Out Of Mind; you can only get this "stripped-down" version if you get The Bootleg Series Vol. 17, capisce?

As for shit said about Lanois' production, yes, people have criticized it - even contemporary reviewers basically said the album succeeds in spite of the sonic swamp, not because of it. Others favorably described it as "a soundscape as surely as Maxinquaye". The whole sitch reminds me a bit of Raw Power's Bowie mix and the way many who hated it actually went back to it after Iggy submerged the album in a pool of digital distortion. But once more: in this case, there will be no need to "go back" to anything; both versions will remain available without painful eBay transactions, I wanna have both, and now send me some goddamn money to buy the boxed set.

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is online now   |QUOTE AND REPLY|