View Single Post
Old 01.28.2023, 07:18 AM   #33
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skuj
It's funny how Dylan himself and many other fans diss Time Out Of Mind. Many say that the production is all wrong/muddled - as if Lanois didn't know wtf he was doing?? Yeah, sure. To my ears, it is a fantastic album. I think this new bootleg series tries to "correct" some things? I might get it, but I adore the original mix.

I remember when Tom Waits’ Real Gone was remastered and as much as I dig it. The added clarity (not sure that’s the right term) is jarring and frankly the changes to “Hoist That Rag” are unforgivable. Sending the guitar solo to the background (if it’s even still there at all), to bring a trombone to the front? That was a horrible decision that frankly kind of ruins one of Waits’ best songs for me.

I’ll listen to the Time Out of Mind remaster but I too have no problem whatsoever with the original and I’ve never considered complaining about it.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|