View Single Post
Old 01.09.2019, 04:16 PM   #6816
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
And the IMBW: Life Recordings version of “True Love Waits” still kicks the unholy shit out of that ambient piano fuckery the band pulled for the “studio version” fucking 18 years later. Fuck that. That’s not “True Love Waits.”

Ha! I just wanted to write the exact same thing except less accurately worded than yours. Is that even proper grammar? I own that album too and always loved “True Love Waits”, but that other version is truly horrible. If that had been the original version I wouldn't have ever liked it.

You made me wanting to listen to Kid A again right now. Back in 2000 I was working as a software tester for Philips and we made those audio CD recordable players. My first proper job. At one point we went to buy a couple of CDs for testing purposes. I chose Kid A and one of the American Recording albums of Johnny Cash (probably III because it was released around the same time). No one of my colleagues (a group of 20 max) liked Kid A. And I totally bought it out of curiosity and at first preferred their previous ones. But after repeated listening I got into it. Then I thought it was quite extreme with the distorted effects, now not so much anymore, especially not compared to Double Negative. Kid A the song I still skipped though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by choc e-Claire

Is that R.E.M. CD a bootleg? Please note that when you pay for a bootleg silver disc or vinyl, you are not supporting the artist nor the person that actually recorded it. I understand it's cool to own the physical copy and I appreciate that in this age you're still buying albums instead of just paying for the digital copies. But if you like to hear bootlegs, join Dimeadozen (or traders den, does zomb still exist if you like smashing pumpkins? Or check out archive.org, I know you like godspeed and silver mt zion. Low is on it too. And that's the exact reason why I started taping myself, because I loved listening to those live sets. And it's great to revisit my own efforts once in a while. Some people take pictures during concerts. I never understand.

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|