View Single Post
Old 01.09.2019, 03:26 PM   #6815
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by choc e-Claire
I have never seen Radiohead (or anyone) live, but from the bootlegs I've heard they kick arse.

That said, I'm not that fond of A Moon Shaped Pool. Except for a few songs, it's mostly just fine and background.

And on 'True Love Waits' - I read an article where someone (who admittedly had too much time on their hands) was arguing that AMSP was going to be Radiohead's last album. They did make some interesting points (they now have exactly 100 songs on studio albums, the deluxe edition of AMSP included bits of master tape for previous albums, their most famous unreleased song has finally been released).
Of course, it could just be the conspiracy theory of an über-obsessive with too much time on their hands. (Which describes all Radiohead fans, come to think of it.)

I’m a non-obsessive Radiohead fan.
I could honestly take or leave a bunch of stuff from Amnesiac, In Rainbows and AMSP. I’ve been listening to them side 1995, and back then, sure, I was pretty fucking down. But I didn’t spent hours on the internet examining OKC lyrics on GreenPlasticRadiohead or AtEasewebnor anything after that album came out and brought the foaming superfans.

If AMSP is their last album, so be it. I’m ok with that. Best song was “Burn the Witch,” and the rest was pretty unremarkable after the initial “OMG NEW RADIOHEAD” passed.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|