View Single Post
Old 01.09.2019, 08:34 AM   #6813
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuhb
Those I Might Be Wrong live recordings are great.

Radiohead could be 20x the band they are if they recorded their albums in a similar fashion to their live sessions and live albums IMO

I agree in some ways and disagree in others.

They certainly are a hell of a live band, and the From the Basement version of “The King of Limbs” made me actually like that album, whereas before the release of the live alb/film, I thought it was crap...

But...

Studio precision can be awesome. I don’t know that I can imagine “Kid A” sounding any better if recorded live in studio throughout. And “OK Computer” seems to really kind of rely on the controlled environment.

But yeah, for, like, “A Moon Shaped Pool,” I think that one would have been far more interesting if recorded live.

And the IMBW: Life Recordings version of “True Love Waits” still kicks the unholy shit out of that ambient piano fuckery the band pulled for the “studio version” fucking 18 years later. Fuck that. That’s not “True Love Waits.”
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|