View Single Post
Old 05.06.2009, 12:25 PM   #15
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
yeah no doubt, i leave here a week from friday wen the semester/finals are over, then flying into new york to go to no fun, then drivng to boston to see the people that i love. i gotta have my les rallzes denudes an halfjap shirts so people know im o.g. noise (just kidding, i just want them so i dont have to wait till june when i come back to wear them)

that dude better press some more spacemen 3 tees. spacemen 3 are a good t shirt band, they have a cool name and a cool logo and are about crazy psychedelic music, drugs, and sex. pretty much a perfect band for a young 20 year old dude in college who just ants to do drugs and have sex all the time, like me. for reals though, they are quite a unique band. ive always been obsessed with thier influences too, as they were quite vocal about the music they were into, the "minimal as maximal aesthetic"; the velvets, 13th floor elevators, suicide, bo diddley, the stones, the mc5, the silver apples, the cramps, beefheart, the stooges, sun ra, the gun club, muddy waters, delia derbyshire, the red krayola, neu, kraftwerk, the beach boys, electric prunes, etc... i mean, thats like the hippest list of influences ever.

they were a total hipster, pretentious-type band, but before pretentious was a bad thing that meant you have a silly hair cut, skin tight pre-rippd jeans, an an assumption that listening to bad music, as long as youre doing it "ironically", is cool. God this decade sucks. Jason Pierce and Sonic Boom were two spoiled and arrogant rich boys who spent thier upper-mid class upbringing spending thier money on cool records and drugs t experiment with. The aesthetic totally worked too. Im rambling a bit, but Ive never heard drug rock as good as those two brits made it back in the 80s. A band's band.

(what was that saying, something about drugs making you uncool? i beg t differ when looking atthe above ime)

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|