View Single Post
Old 04.09.2006, 03:14 PM   #23
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
I have a Creative Zen Touch 20 gig. I only download really high quality so there's only 5 gigs left and I've got only about 2,500 songs on it.

Quote:
Having your entire collection at your fingertips kind of makes you a different music listener. You have the opportunity to switch around and listen to this and that versus sitting down and listening to an album in the context that it was originally placed in (whatever you want to think about that). I like the portability aspect of harddrive mp3 players but that's about it.

I agree with this. I don't take mine every single place I go, but listening to music out of context, like Wolf Eyes (for example) on a road trip makes you feel differently about what you listen to.

I buy around three or four cds a month to make up for it, so to say, but plunking down 15 bucks a time when there's a lot of things I need to be buying are really hard. That's why I download, or I can't buy the album. Asking my folks to get onto Amazon and buy "Dial 'M' For Motherfucker" is kind of awkward.