View Single Post
Old 09.16.2023, 09:32 PM   #2241
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drjohnrock
It's a house concert. I've never been to one of those before (unless it was a local band, which doesn't count).

That is indeed a thing these Spotifucked days. The other day I got an email from Flock Of Dimes (Jenn Wasner) requesting spaces/hosts for shows to an audience of 40-50 people. Just to name two more artists I follow, Tommy Stinson and Diane Cluck have been doing the same. I imagine there are countless others, and attending such concerts must be great - no whooers! But I also wish these cats didn't have to resort to guerilla-shows warfare to make a flock of dimes.

(Of course, Bill Maher would say "you're not owed a living as a musician. This is show business. This is the make-or-miss league." FUCK YOU BILL MAHER.)

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|