View Single Post
Old 02.07.2010, 10:28 AM   #44
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, I like it too. It did take me a while to really appreciate it but after considering it on its own merits (as her 'difficult' third album) I think it's very good. There's some really great tracks on there. 'I Can Do Better' and 'Keep Holding On' especially are as good as anything from her first two albums. It's just a shame that the whole thing sort of gets dominated by the Girlfriend song, which I like but tend to think of as a bit of a mistake, direction-wise.

Speaking of wrong directions, I'm not quite sure what to make of her new single. She does seem to be a bit too desperate to find a new path at the moment, which is leading her up a fair few creative cul-de-sacs. The new album is due out soon and is supposedly a more accoustic affair. It'll be interesting to see how that goes.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|