View Single Post
Old 07.26.2010, 10:17 AM   #17
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
This is one reason I avoid putting myself into a situation to where I'd form a family. I think the idea is nice, but this sorta thing can hold me back from doing the things I want to do. I'm a bit selfish..not when it comes to material things, just with my life. I've got friends, but that's all they are. Most of my best friends are married/homeowners and I can't identify w/ them anymore even though I do love them dearly + spend time w/ 'em when I can.

Most of 'em are droppin' off like flies and slowly becoming what are parents were. I see one particular couple (the husband being my best friend in the entire world) already arguing about shit like "when we have kids will they have to go to church w/ us". He says no (atheist), she says yes. The kids will end up going. Due to her (and she IS cool, just uber-conservative) he now seems to think that certain activities are meant for only those under 25. And I can see how this makes sense in his world...I can. It just doesn't make any in mine. I still view everything as being a giant playground. WHile I stay in a lot of the time (lately because it's been soooo hot/humid), I do enjoy going out and getting into things. Creeping around the downtown area and observing the different scenes from an outsider's perspective ("outsider" in the sense that I'm not really a part of these scenes even though sometimes it's fun to pretend to be). I know people, I hang out with them sometimes but I don't identify with most of them either.

I suppose everything has always been about the "now" for me. I do not go for "long term" goals...just short term. Like trying to save up a little money and paying off what little debt I have left.

I can totally relate to those that wanna just drop everything + go off placing themselves in whatever crazy scenerios they wish to.

I date, but I get way claustrophobic (sometimes I wish I didn't, I do still miss a certain chica from my past + this is something that has caused problems in preceding relationships) if I feel too much is expected of me. I don't cheat, nothing like that, but if i wanna go out and do whatever I feel I should be able to do this whenever I want.

I spent too much time in their houses and their schools in their churches asking for their permission and being made to feel guilty when not in agreement with their rules/lifestyles/beliefs. They told me to go to school or I wouldnt be anything, but unlike most of them I've never had to file bankruptcy. They said I'd be better off if I found a steady partner...unlike them I've yet to get a divorce. I don't pay no child support + when I'm hungry, I'm the only person that's hungry. I don't have to look at Sway Jr. over there and feel bad.

I TOTALLY respect, and have nothing but admiration for those that have found a "significant other", and work happily within that love/work/home triangle...but I just see triangles as having three sides and it scares the shit out of me...I want an unlimited amount of sides.

I'm not trying to down on the lifestyles/situations of others...I think everyone should be free to do what they want as long as it doesn't effect me in a negative way (basically, don't steal my guitar, rape my mom, or kill my brother).