View Single Post
Old 04.13.2007, 01:26 AM   #36
hey alex
the end of the ugly

hey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asses
I read most of page one earlier- and skimmed page two- here;s my change on the subject.

Someone brought that trying to decide who's better of the two is dumb- in so few words- and i agree--- but i'll also lay my prefereance to sonic youth. Reason why is that i just like them more and i can feel a more artistic drive within them. Even with the mediocrity of, let's say, rather ripped, you had the band doing what they do- playing rock'n'roll tunes to fulfill contractual obligation. The F'Lips tho-- and let me say I love them, priest driven ambulane and up thru yoshimi i can always get, at least, a smile to cross me. Mystics,not so much- but that's just becuase it comes off stale to me. Not to cay they've lost their touch, but just suggesting that were working under the idea 'hey people like our wierd noises- let's make an album of wierd noises and make the songs as we go along'-- while this isn't always a bad notion (i myself in my small 4-trackin ways have thought about what sounds should come bfore songs)i''ve always weighed them equally. Not to put myself in abetter position than Wayne 'n' crew- Even I'll admit i havent made anything as moving as priest driven ambulance (maybe i'm on my way tho).

IN short and mayb enot having much connection with my ramble- If i had to choose i'd go with SY- the shows may be smaller scale and sometimes the albums and songs can bring you down down down- but with the Flaming Lips i get a dry feeling- no desert '69- just the feeling i might've heard this before--- if band flying a hot-air PIG outside a factory were in the game today- y'knoe?
Duran Duran's 1995 covers album Thank You was recently voted the worst album of all time by a Q magazine poll. Although we respectfully disagree (Sonic Youth's NYC Ghosts & Flowers is clearly the worst album of all time) -Pitchfork (hahahah!)

Here's a myspace of my music and 4-track ramblings
the electric kites--the jamz of me n my friends
hey alex is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|