View Single Post
Old 04.12.2007, 05:23 PM   #22
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by screamingskull
i'm glad somebody did! i wanted to have an actual discussion, not just people replying with comments like "sonic youth rule man"

...yet you start a thread that is a poll between Sonic Youth and The Flaming Lips.

Why not just start a Flaming Lips thread?
Or better still, here's a score of other threads (a few of which you started as erstwhile resident The Flaming Lips proponent):
http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/sea...earchid=502488
Why aren't people utilizing the working search function?
Multiple Vonnegut RIP threads are just the tip of the negligent iceberg here.

You fired the first shot on this SY Message Board with this particular "versus thread" and then you complain as you have in the post above?
What sort of reality are you living in exactly?

It's my feeling that a more desired result (with differing opinions and some discourse) might be attained if you posted this topic at, say, www.rateyourmusic.com.

I mean, despite your own idiosyncratic personal preference* for them,
The Flaming Lips cannot hang with Sonic Youth!

Don't make me laugh!

'Cause they have a few alternately-tuned guitar sounds, you say?

pfft.

*Look, even The Flaming Lips themselves would most likely concede defeat to Sonic Youth's greatness, although I'm certain they would be most flattered to learn that you thought of them so highly.

Robert Rauschenberg, Canyon, 1959. Combine on canvas 81 3/4 x 70 x 24 inches.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|