View Single Post
Old 07.13.2012, 03:20 PM   #7
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starcat
Lucky... I might splurge and go to Hopscotch music festival in North Carolina this fall, where they're sort of headlining. I'm worried that they've gone the way of Gang of Four or The Fall and are just too old to have their edge, especially since the really great Mary Chain songs like the ones on Psychocandy featured a very different lineup. I have no idea what to expect.

The Fall may not be very good these days but they still have their edge, in many ways the most edgy part of The Fall (in this century anyway) is they will deliver a steaming pile of rubbish now and then, like a teenager harrassing you by dumping medical waste on your doorstep in the middle of the night, but at least you know they will help you clean it up the next morning.

Anyway, almost all of these reunions have looked utter dogshit with the notable exceptions of Mission of Burma and Swans. Apart from that, the shit stuff from the eighties has remained essentially shit, whereas the good stuff has defiled itself in front of you by getting back together and essentially achieving nothing.

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|