View Single Post
Old 03.30.2019, 05:46 PM   #99
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek
Well hey, I'm certainly sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings, in the past or not. I wouldn't make a big song and dance about it but I do genuinely mean that. No need for me to be a conduit for someone else's bad memories or feelings. I'm so detached from it myself at this point that I guess I can't assume others would be too.

I actually remember someone who was super shitty to me on another messageboard when I was like 13 and it makes me so annoyed that he made me feel like a piece of shit for being a naive sometimes dumbfounding kid who just wanted to talk about music and get into new stuff. It's very strange being called such personal things by strangers, I don't think I've ever felt the same in person when a stranger has commented on what I look like, not that I look particularly odd. So... I do get it!! I didn't really connect the dots because this particular situation happened when I was a bit older and had completely forgotten about what its like to be on the receiving end. Some of the things I would do back in the day for internet fun is good for a quick laugh when reminiscing in a "oh my god why did we do that" way but jeez I just do not have the callousness inside of me anymore which I guess is some sort of personality growth.

Anyway, what rap are you and louder feeling right now? For newer stuff I'm really liking DaBaby, NBA Youngboy, Shoreline Mafia, AlmightySuspect and Five Finger Posse. For older stuff I've been relistening to a lot of Z-Ro, Styles P, DJ Screw and Luniz cause Us reminded me they existed. Always listening to Kodak Black. He's such a moron but god his music is so good!!

I think I just made a big song and dance of this. Woops.

I didn't mean to reignite the fight from 8 years ago. I guess I was holding a grudge. I definitely got over it once I let it out though.

I used to be that guy who was always into all the cool shit a year ahead of everyone and made playlists to put other people on. Then life happened and I found myself having more responsibilities and rap has become more of this nostalgic, therapeutic shit that I throw on twice a week. So now I only check out for new talent if I keep hearing the same name over and over again to the point where I'm like "okay okay fine I'll check out this Lil Blue Balls Baby guy". I don't stan anyone like I used to anymore. But I do respect the names I'm familiar with out of what you mentioned. I don't know, I guess that after pretty much a decade of following hip hop religiously I've just reached the point of.. fatigue?

But I like a lot of songs from Young Thug and Kodak Black. My respect for Uzi has been growing. I know about NBA, Shoreline and DaBaby and they're dope but I need to hear more of their stuff. I'm waiting for new albums from Thug and Uzi. Still not really sold on Carti though. The last albums I really liked were Earl's album and that Freddie Gibbs/Curren$y/Alchemist collab project. Both still get spins from me. Maxo Kream's album showed a lot of promise too and now he has my attention. Z-Ro is super dope actually. Love his melodic soul stuff in particular.

The Life of Pablo is fucking awesome and like I told Sev in the cafe thread, it hasn't been topped since its release for me. Piņata is another album that I listen to a lot and well.. Madlib is a fucking God.
louder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|