View Single Post
Old 12.13.2007, 08:33 AM   #571
sarramkrop

Boy Dirt Car / Fi - Split LP

BDC were formed by Darren Brown and Eric Lunde in 1981 after the two young punks met Glenn Branca at a Chicago noise-music festival. Gathering a few friends together for jams, they proceeded to play with a revolving-door line-up that usually consisted of Brown, Lunde and any drunken and/or drug-addled buddy they could string along. Finally settling on a semi-stable line-up that consisted of the duo and Keith Brammer and Dan Kubinski of Die Kreuzen on various metal percussive instruments and noise-making devices, BDC found their feet and were soon hailed by well-meaning folks as America's answer to Einstürzende Neubauten. Inactive as a band for many years, Eric Lunde in the meantime released some solo records and Darren Brown formed Impact Test. F/i are From Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and has been around since 1981, releasing half a dozen LPs on RRRecords. The band started out as a unit elaborating on noise structures in the tradition of Throbbing Gristle or Nurse With Wound. They are also influenced by Hawkwind and Spacemen 3. The Split LP was released on vinyl by RRRecords (RRR 006) in 1986.

Tracks :

1. Boy Dirt Car - Metal House
2. Boy Dirt Car - Friction Moves
3. Boy Dirt Car - He Tore Out His Eyes
4. Boy Dirt Car - Impact Test
5. Boy Dirt Car - Harm
6. F/i - Union Grove 1
7. F/i - Trauma At The Beach
8. F/i - Another Magic Window
9. F/i - Looking For My Head
10. F/i - Union Grove 2

( Boy Dirt Car is recorded as one track.)

Split LP

enjoy.
http://thethingonthedoorstep.blogspot.com/
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|