View Single Post
Old 11.22.2008, 03:18 AM   #1014
hat and bread
children of satan

hat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asses
I've posted this before in the world music thread, but I'm going to post it again because it's just that awesome.

Quote:

Here's some Sinawi music from Korea, an interesting improvised traditional form, used to accompany Shaman rites, that I don't know that much about. Something very fascinating about it, is the sonic resemblance, at times, to free-jazz and western improvisational styles. The strident timbres and large pitch-bends are always a treat, as in other Korean styles like sanjo.

There are other goodies at the root site, but there's a lot, without very much accompanying information. Look for Daegum and Kayagum sanjo pieces! (English spellings may vary)

If you like that there are a few recordings of sinawi music that I've found still in print. "The Folkloric Instrumental Traditions I & II" (from JVC's world music label) is pretty good.
hat and bread is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|