View Single Post
Old 09.08.2008, 02:27 PM   #972
fugazifan
invito al cielo

fugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's asses
from the sure nuff and yes i do blog
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BJW42UN3
Harry Taussig - Fate Is Only Once

From Boomkat:

'Fate is Only Once' was originally released back in 1965 but was an impossibly short run privately pressed LP, obtainable by almost nobody. Of course it has become the stuff of legend for John Fahey fans and Takoma collectors desperate to find more Taussig material than the short contributions to 'Contemporary Guitar Spring '67' compilation and now thankfully it's been given the full-on re-issue treatment from NY label Tompkins Square.

Remastered and packaged with the same liner notes as the original record this is a stunning example of the Takoma style of solo guitar picking. Fahey fans will find much to sink their teeth into here, and although I'd never heard of Taussig before listening to this cd it was quickly apparent from the first couple of tracks that the man had an incredible skill, much in the same way as Fahey.

This is the sort of American music steeped in history, in blues and folk and in rock 'n roll - and now a new generation of listeners and guitarists are hearing these recordings and being inspired once more.

If you've been enjoying the stream of releases from axe worshippers Jack Rose, James Blackshaw or Six Organs of Admittance's Ben Chasny then there's not a chance you won't fall for 'Fate is Only Once'. I think there's something about knowing where it came from and hearing the recording quality that gives it that little something else, a certain magic if you will - highly recommended!

www.myspace.com/dellilahtheband
www.myspace.com/lecirquedesvampiresmusic
fugazifan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|