View Single Post
Old 01.17.2008, 12:16 PM   #604
sarramkrop

EXPERIMENTAL AUDIO RESEARCH, The Koner Experiment (1997)

Maybe I've already posted this...
Extraordinary collaboration between E.A.R (Sonic Boom & friends) and PORTER RICKS's Thomas Köner. Mix E.A.R analog textures & bowed instruments with Köner low frequency and metronomic pulses (those your neighbours won't like) and that's it. In my opinion it's absoluteluly unique, one of the 10 marsterpieces of my collection. At first glance you may think that the 10 tracks are pretty the same... Then listen carefully tracks 2 and 5! Wouawh, headbanging in the walls!!

Download this fabulous album here.

TIMOTHY LEARY, Turn on, tune in, drop out (1967, spoken psych ambient)

Extraordinary "psych spoken words" by drug guru(?) TIMOTHY LEARY. Those who like THROBBING GRISTLE's Genesis P. Orridge may consider LEARY his ancestor - some of his most ambient / spoken albums sound almost the same!
I don't like spoken words : belive me, there is much in "Turn on...", with magic sounds from beyond, beautiful voices, wonderful textures and noises, and even a few melodies.
Discovered through a psychic blog (I don't remember which one - see in "best links" - it's my turn to share it now. "I'm drowning, I'm drowning!". Brrrrgh.....
Find it on Rapidshare or on MassMirror.

http://tontonmahood.blogspot.com/
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|