View Single Post
Old 08.27.2007, 05:16 PM   #425
jico.
expwy. to yr skull

jico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's asses
good. thanks man, too bad that's a tape.

this blog makes me cream my pants from times to times, visit it, you wont regret, there's a little something for everyone.

over there you can find gems like this, definetly not their best album but i guess this gives you an idea from what those guys are up to.

Chrome - The Visitation (Rare 1st Album)

Released 1976 or 1977
Siren Records (US)
Cat. No. DE-1000

The first Chrome album is a blend of 70s psych art rock weirdness hinting at the psych-punk vibes that were soon to come with classic albums "Alien Soundtracks" & "Half Machine Lip Moves."
</SPAN></SPAN>
Formed by Gary Spain (bass, guitar, vocals) and Damon Edge in 1976. The band also featured John Lambdin (vocals, guitar and bass) and Mike Low (guitar, synth, and bass). John Lambdin I've heard spent some time in the early 70s playing with the legendary japanese band Flower Travellin' Band.

The first Chrome release is particularly collectable due to the many variations of covers, labels, and inserts. The first spray-painted cover releases included 3 inserts, all of which are quite rare. The initial pressings had a plain looking white label with black text. Perhaps accidentally omitted from the label was "Siren Records", which was subsequently added with a rubber stamp. The second pressing incorporated "Siren Records" pre-printed on the label. Later pressings used an entirely re-designed label featuring silver hand-written text on a black background, typical of the labels used on the next several albums. Most, if not all of these black-labeled records were released with the picture sleeve. All three of these "original" releases of The Visitation were from the same mould (matrix# Kendun DE-1000).

Highly Recommended!
I've included a bunch of the early artwork/xeroxes with the album.

Chrome - Return to Zanzibar

Download here,

jico. is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|