View Single Post
Old 11.06.2019, 01:19 AM   #51946
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Nice.

Dunno if you own this set, but it's not just Morphine; the bands listed are:

Sandman
Treat Her Right
Hypnosonics
Pale Bros.
Super Group
Candy Bar
Treat Her Orange
and, yes, Morphine

The thing is, the booklet doesn't specify which is which and who played what where when. In fact, the liner notes (which are very good) read, "If you'd like to know more about what's in Sandbox, dig in. Listen to the CDs, watch the DVD, but don't expect to read about it here. Music doesn't come with a map. Mark knew this, so he spent his life blazing his own trails, finding the connections that lead from point to point, idea to idea, style to style, until they took him to a place that was entirely his own".

As much as I like knowing every detail I can find (and I have a tall wide wall dangerously jam-packed with books and shit that shows it — now that I don't have a place of my own the whole mammoth is adjacent to my bed, so the next earthquake is bound to kill me), that's a pretty refreshing statement in an era when everybody's a know-it-all and an "expert" because they read somebody's discography in Wikipedia on their fucking phone while they were riding the subway. That is one thing that really pisses me off: with so many cold hard facts now instantly available to everyone, it should be the time to build on them and come up with opinions of our own. Instead, every motherfucker just repeats the same crap, because obviously at the very least 98% of the human race is incapable of having an original thought.

[Sigh] I miss you, Mark. You were one of a kind.

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|