View Single Post
Old 08.31.2009, 05:03 PM   #1
GeneticKiss
expwy. to yr skull

GeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's asses
Okay, my band used to have two guitarists, but our bass player quit and our singer/rhythm guitarist took over on bass.

We have certain songs that sound a lot better with two guitars, so I've been looking into getting a looper pedal. The cheapest one I can find is Boss' RC-2, but it follows the same signal path as your guitar-meaning that if you use amp distortion (like I do), the loop will distort. I would imagine the same thing goes if you use effects. The songs I'm planning on using this on involve playing heavily chorused and moderately overdriven leads overtop of nearly-bone-dry clean parts, so this could be an issue.

Does anyone know of any workarounds or better pedals that don't cost an arm and a leg?