View Single Post
Old 04.20.2019, 07:58 PM   #6851
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSleuth
Not familiar with the albums that you mention.

Nobody is! I mean, some people are, it's not like she releases her music on 3" CDs that you have to buy from the back of a van down by the river; for the most part she's been on major labels and "only" during the last decade she's been DIY-ing it. But the woman makes one flawless album after another, she's got a distinctive style and voice, unforgettable melodies and heartbreaking lyrics, and yet you never see her records on those goddamn best-of-the-year lists, as far as I know she never gets invited to perform on late night talk shows, Christ on a stick what the living hell is wrong with people. The highest level of notoriety she's reached over the last twenty years is composing and performing the incidental music for Gilmore Girls and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, and I don't know what size of those shows' audiences give a serious flying fuck about music.

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|