View Single Post
Old 10.09.2008, 11:52 PM   #46
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
I can answer the "About You When You Were 14" question easily, that would be Led Zeppelin I which I bought used for a dollar at the comic book store I hung out in.

The actual thread subject has me stumped however. I don't think there is such a record. My favorite album, period, is Bad Moon Rising, but obviously there are many types of music I love that it doesn't touch on in the slightest. Ditto my second favorite album Atlantis by Sun Ra. Certainly the passion and originality that made those two albums possible is something I look for in all music, but they are both highly atonal in scope so how could I say they embody what I love about the early works of either Elliott Smith or the Cocteau Twins (or despite the connection SY have created for themselves, The Carpenters)?

Music too often gets mistaken for a language. It isn't one though. It's many different languages actually.
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|