View Single Post
Old 06.11.2010, 01:15 PM   #34
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
i dont buy music.

i cant afford to.

i dont expect anyone to pay for mine. they can donate to me if they WANT to. if they can afford to give me money for what i've done then i'll gladly take it. like right now i want to put some writing out into the world, i might try selling it in printed form, might not. i still dont hold on to some antiquated idea that if i put it online or someone scanned it and people read it without paying me this would be theft. hell fucking no. downloading a copy of something is not theft.

if i had to money id buy lps. but i dont. as it is i need what little i have for things like food.

any fuck trying to guilt trip me into paying for cds or mp3s can fuck the fuck off. if i want to go downtown and can get a lift with someone i'll take that over getting a taxi. does that mean im stealing from the taxi driver? no. if i can hear music without paying for it i will. its the same thing. people act like they are trying to preserve some luddite way of "artists" making money off music. this is crap. move with the fucking technology.

we should all spend our money on better computers/sound systems in our computers and faster d/l connections instead of spending £100 for what, 7 LP's? thats a waste. id still like those lps and a top of the line sound system to play them on, but one of those might cost somewhere near a 1000quid on its own. never mind buying the individual albums.

some day you will be able to download and play music on your computer in lp quality, with no compression, until that day we are stuck with mp3/flac.

we should be taking care to preserve the current times music in formats better than mp3, because most people are clueless as to how shitty it is.

and once an lp equal format of digitalised music comes available on peoples pcs, rock music will come back in a BIG way. the reason its doing so badly now is because of cds/mp3s. compression. the dynamics have been ruined. shit listen to a CS of some 80's rock album and you'll hear things you can NEVER hear on cd or mp3. no more tapes, no more lps, this is what was so bad for drum bass vox elec gtr music.

i will save my money for things like food and musicical equipment. i wont be spending it on lps or cdrs. i mean, if i can spare it then yeah, at a show i might get a CS or a CDR or an LP to support somebody who i think is worthwhile. but its rare that i can afford it. spending money on a good microphone or usb mixer is more beneficial to music. especially if you work within a local scene like the ones right now which are so strapped for cash and so everyone starts to share.

but £13.99 for 1 LP? ha. can't afford it. even if i could, its not portable.

don't feel obliged for some stupid "indie" allegiance to obsoletion that you have to pay for fucking cds or records. fuck all of that even goes to the artist anyway. tax and labels and unecessary costs like actually making the thing physically.

now personally i will if i have it (which is rare) spend money on certain phyiscal things if i cant get them anywhere else or if i want to support a friend or something. but not often.

fuck the past. fuck the "indies".
ni'k is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|