View Single Post
Old 07.25.2007, 08:27 AM   #273
ddv
empty page

ddv is a name known to allddv is a name known to allddv is a name known to allddv is a name known to allddv is a name known to allddv is a name known to all
The Parts - Auschwitz war Wunderbar (C-60 cassette)

A-01 - Listing
A-02 - I Don't Like the Girls
A-03 - Let's Go to the Whores
A-04 - Banzai!
A-05 - Listing
A-06 - 4 Safe Walls
A-07 - Listing
A-08 - Nazis of the Night (take 1)
A-09 - Nazis of the Night (take 2)
B-01 - Listing
B-02 - Normalisation
B-03 - Bodies
B-04 - Overfuck
B-05 - Cageman
B-06 - Marry It!
B-07 - Don't Kill the Cops
B-08 - Auschwitz war Wunderbar

The Parts are:
DDV: vocals, synthesizers, rhythmbox, mouth organ
AMVK: vocals, synthesizers, police whistle
Erik Vloeberghs: lyrics, synthesizer on the "listings".

This tape was released as "GBC 015" on Gezonde Boerse Copulaties (Healthy Boorish Copulations) by Erik Vloeberghs. The idea was to make pop music with the united forces of the great songwriter Erik Vloeberghs, the unique frontman and stage animal DDV, and the fingerspitzen keyboard virtuosa AMVK.
Vloeberghs supplied the lyrics and some of the equipment like a drum machine (we don't remember which one) and a tape-delay to add to Club Moral's synthorium of a Wasp, a Korg MS-50 and the unequivocal FBT. All the songs were recorded in single takes on a six channel Traynor mixer/amplifier and a plain cassette-deck. No remixing or additional mastering was done.
The lyrics are based on long and intense correspondence between Erik Vloeberghs and Club Moral, and they also form the basis of his later literary work which continues until today.

The Parts never played live, and apart from one track on "De Heistse Zotten" (GBC 12) nothing has ever been released anywhere else. The only track that eventually did make it as a "hit" was "Nazis of the Night", which also appeared on Club Moral's Lp "To All Who Are Interested" (Cthulhu Records 1989). It is still a classic throughout Germany and France, and when Club Moral played in Berlin at the Ironfest festival in 2003, people came begging at 5.00 in the morning to play that song. The track has also been covered by the German band "Bastards of Love" on their super rare vinyl "Privatvergnügen". "Overfuck" is supposed to be cover of "Overkill" by Motörhead.

A review from "Open System Project" n°6 / mars avril 84.
"Que peut-on attendre d'une association "Erik Vloeberghs + Danny Devos & Anne-Mie Van Kerckhoven"..? Tout... bien sûr... si on est bien servi...
humour (?) noir et froid... dans les lyrics d'E.V.... "I don't wanna fight against the system - because the system is allright... Don't kill the cops - they're people too..." rythmbox obsédente... voix aigre-doux d'AMVK... et parfois franchement aigre (!) cynisme sinistre... etc... etc...
encore une "grande" cassette à ne manquer sous aucune excuse...!
"My mouth's my gun - and my action's a lot of fun"... (from "Banzai!). (J.P. Devresse)"

There was a slight attempt last year from Ultra Eczema to re-release The Parts on vinyl, but Dennis the Kid with the Small Weener chickened out.

Wanna see The Parts live? They will play a couple of songs live this friday -27 july 2007- at the "Renovation Part III" event, Oosterweelse Steenweg 3, 2030 Antwerpen. Doors at 21.00hrs.
Other bands: Heavy Indians, Miguel Sosa, Deepsrof, Ludo Mich & The Joyous Cosmology. Dj's: DLN, Roggeblood, Even Plassen Tony & Carl Cryplant.

Club Moral Stocklist
ddv is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|