View Single Post
Old 04.15.2007, 05:14 AM   #80
Florya
expwy. to yr skull

Florya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's asses
OK Next up - A cassette that I rediscovered recently. It's pretty rare - might even be unique. First some background:

Back in the 80's Coil's John Balance and I had a brief correspondence about music in general and the themes behind the music we were both producing. We exchanged cassettes of past and present work. I sent him a tape of an 'Organs of Battle' album and he sent me this.

The first two tracks I have never heard anywhere else apart from on this cassette - if any of you guys know different please let me know. The third is a pretty widely available interview with John on VPRO Radio in Holland.

The first track - 'Maquela 8/4/83 Red Weather' sounds like a live version of 'Red Weather'. It doesn't have the drum track that appears on the 'Bethel' version, and uses alot of the wolf noises that John and Jordi Valli recorded for another project.

The second track is a demo version of 'The Tenderness of Wolves'. It differs from any other demo version of this track that I've heard in that it includes Gavin Friday's voice. It's pretty close to the (Scatology) album version but the mix is slightly different and Gavin kinda messes up the last 'You now the living, me now the dead.'

The quality's not fantastic but that's the thing with 20 year old cassettes.

Hope you enjoy it and if any of you have heard these tracks somewhere else please let me know.

Jhonn's Tape - http://rapidshare.com/files/26098981..._Tape.rar.html

listening mirror @ Soundcloud http://soundcloud.com/listening-mirror

Florya is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|