View Single Post
Old 08.16.2017, 06:49 PM   #1
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...ial+trai ler+

Disclaimer (or pre-emptive strike, really, since there's a bunch of Morrissey haters around here): this isn't an endorsement; I haven't even seen the flick yet! Anyway, apparently the Linder Sterling character is featured quite prominently (as she should), and this reminds me of what she told Simon Reynolds when he interviewed Linder for Rip It Up And Start Again:

Quote:
SR: Have you seen 24 Hour Party People?

LS: I didn't go and see it. I saw an early shoot, and Morrissey and I were in it, and our lines were so abysmal I just got hold of a legal friend to write a really scary letter saying, "I have to be removed from this film". So I was removed from the film. And I haven't seen it. Maybe one day.

So perhaps the script was better this time. Or the filmmakers didn't bother to show "early shoots" to anyone portrayed. Or Linder just doesn't care anymore. In any event, yes, 24 Hour Party People was abysmal indeed — although the scene in which Stephen Morris, one of my very favorite drummers of all time (the Joy Division guy, not the one in New Order, that's another dude ) is drumming on the roof and everybody drives off and forgets him is pretty hilarious. Asked about that bit, Morris simply said, "That's a load of bollocks".

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|