Thread: bandcamp
View Single Post
Old 11.23.2012, 05:44 PM   #136
hipster_bebop_junkie
100%

hipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by rappard
Thanks! Had my fingers crossed for some rare Unwound stuff, but (for now?) it's just the albums.

That said, they have Long Hind Legs (Vern Rumsey side project) for $5. Score!

Hey HBJ (referring to your previous post): how's the McDonas / Oliveros / Ibarra thingy? Sounds like an interesting combo for sure. (My laptop speakers are kaput, hence my asking before possible purchase.)

Bandcamp is like FLAC crack, I've gotten so much good stuff from there.

I've bought every single thing Thollem McDonas has uploaded so far. Every one of those recordings is of great quality, so you wouldn't have to worry in that aspect. Performance-wise, I think his picks are all pretty remarkable. If you feel doubtful, you can take into consideration that mr. McDonas does appreciate a donation, but he also has given everyone the possibility to download any one of those for free.

I just bought today a lossless copy of Asobi Seksu & Boris' Record Store Day exclusive after concluding it'd be crazy to pay a larger sum for shipping than for the artifact itself; and also a limited edition 7" by Otomo Yoshihide. Was tempted to buy a Derek Bailey record which seems interesting, but I'll have a financial nightmare soon so I decided to save a little bit. Bandcamp is my favorite platform for streaming (I barely ever use Soundcloud) and also one of my favorite online stores currently. Thankfully, there's a ton of free stuff as well. Otherwise, my pockets and bank account would be just as empty as my soul. I came across this a few hours ago:
http://militanttunings.bandcamp.com/

Downloaded all three of those recordings, and have only listened to the Mudhoney set so far. It is pretty clearly an audience recording, it is untracked, and decent enough all things considered. There is also a Pixies recording from 1988, so I just thought I'd give you the heads up about that one too, in case it might be something new.