View Single Post
Old 07.13.2010, 04:56 PM   #34
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
good idea Derek.

...Anyway, to answer people's questions, in the past few years, I've gotten rid of just about every movie and cd/tape/record I ever owned. I have thousands of burnt cd's and burnt movies but the entire idea of "collecting" just seems ... not for me. I'm a very minimal person. I am actually thinking of selling all my musical equipment except for my guitar and a practice amp (I have like 7 amps, keyboards, basses, pedals, all this useless fucking shit). I have OCD as it is, for real, the idea of collecting things and such just seems tiresome, I don't have the energy for it. My original response was probably better -- you can't take it with you when you die. Well, let me reiterate the fact... what is the point, exactly, of having a ton of shit? I mean, if you are actively enjoying it, then sure. But even with the stuff I have now, I just keep giving it away or selling it because I'm like, "Wow, I will never listen to this ever again, why doesn't someone else have it?" I'd rather make other people happy. One man's trash is another man's awesome fucking Trashmen vinyl. You know?

So sorry, no Cherubs 7" for me.

A few years back, I owned probably 2000 horror/artsy/exploitation/experimental/weirdo DVD's/VHS's. I now own like 50 actual movies (and 15 of 'em are Kitano films). I just looked at this huge of shit that I had been collecting for like 9 years and went, "Eh. Fuck it." Put them ALL in trashbags, sold just about everything or gave it away. I traded like 400 of them for this laptop. It was nice. Felt very.. freeing. And I can still enjoy the movies, I just enjoy them on a dvd-r.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|