View Single Post
Old 01.06.2024, 05:04 PM   #25615
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
i had a couple of memorable movies in the spirit of christmas. namely,

the stendhal syndrome. wherein dario argento films his dotter getting rĉped by a murderin' preevert at least a good couple of tymes

and

the turin horse

béla tarr's latest? last? final? film. it's fucking hilarious. for me anyway. like if the leningrad cowboys never went america. only fucking worse hahahahahaaaa. i love it

(i know there's the nietzsche excuse. and there's a bit of pseudo nietzschean dialogue in it. but really for me it's about "death, approaches" as rome total war assassins would say)

eta: this film owes a huge debt to chantal akerman's "jeanne dielman...(etc)", btw. at times it's almost a calque/parody of it. he does get more succinct as the days pass though

--

thinking about jeanne dielman makes me want to reread mimesis. one of the few books of literary theory actually worth the time it takes to read it, and then some. it pays back many times
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|