View Single Post
Old 05.03.2009, 04:59 PM   #18
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
It's likely going to be a bunch of disconnected parts put together. Anyone with any skill whatsoever at production can do that kind of stuff.

This criticism - this is a shit criticism. Because you can apply to just about anything. "I don't like this, therefore I will reduce it to the process by which it was made". It's the same philistinism that we get attached to the Turner Prize, and gets thrown at Joyce. It's also synonymous with the 'anyone could make a racket and put a CD-r out" argument. Ok, yes, that is true, but it's not really very enlightening and certainly doesn't seem very conducive to treating music as anything more than an elaborate craft. Y'know, I fucking hate the lower-case improv crowd, but I'd never criticise them on the basis of the fact that literally any human being could do what they do (I'd criticise them on the basis of a conceited concept).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|