View Single Post
Old 10.10.2023, 07:02 PM   #1062
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
Not to me. Do you have an ad blocker in your browser?
it's a paywall

maybe i'll erase cookies... otherwise a synopsis would be welcome

--

anyway, biden condems "the sheer evil" of hamas

which, okay, hamas is a piece of shit, we know this.

but this "evil" label... is often used to justifiy extremes, like preemptive wars and other atrocities.

because in political philosophy there are 3 schools regarding war: realism (there is no morality, everything goes), pacifism (war is never good) and "just war" which attempts to conduct war "morally."

current international law upholds the ideal of just war. the united nations and others are already cataloguing war crimes, like video assisted refereeing. accusations are flying. even the amy goodman palestinian professor admitted hamas committed war crimes.

but this pursuit of a just war is often kabuki, window dressing for the real atrocities going on behind the scenes.

and realism often wins out (pacifism... rarely or never does). it just does. we see it all the time.

for example, hamas goes and kills and kidnaps a bunch of unarmed people and children and they say "oh, the israelis made us do it, this is a just war."

and israel has been squeezing gaza because it harbors hamas. therefore: "just war!".

and now the criminal netanyahu is preparing to do who knows what, and he has a justification, doesn't he? "they are evil, so i will hurt 2.5 million people: just war!"

it's very hard to keep things "just" in war. the expression is almost oxymoronic. but the current people in charge are extremely hawkish. there is very little room for justice or morality when it's open season on "the enemy" of an extremist.

so my question here is: is the "evil" label going to be used to frame realist actions against gaza as a "just war"? you know, kinda like hiroshima? "justified"?

or is biden using his unconditional support of israel to simultaneously hold back the israeli right wing in their realist designs to "remake" the region?

because, as shitty as hamas is: razing gaza, invading lebanon and syria, bombing iran, getting the russians involved and who knows what else in order to "remake" the region would be a terrible terrible terrible fucking response.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|