View Single Post
Old 01.27.2021, 01:17 AM   #53220
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
im up late reading and i had the eternal airports on

And just like spiking a drink, if you feel like fucking shit up you can always listen to the ultimate mashup:

Seriously, though, here's what Robert Wyatt said to Uncut last year:

Quote:
Uncut: One of your collaborations that's sometimes overlooked is your work on Brian Eno's Ambient 1: Music For Airports. How did that come about?

RW: I was first introduced to him by [Matching Mole bassist] Bill McCormick; he played on our song "Gloria Gloom" and then I did some stuff on a terrific record called Taking Tiger Mountain (By Strategy). I love his singing, and his songs and his words. When some elephants get rejected from their herds, they sometimes get together in a rogue elephant herd — so I think in a sense me and Brian were kind of rogue elephants. We were free, because we weren't in groups. I didn't know about the "music as wallpaper" theory then — Brian just said, "Can you play some piano?" I played and played and then he took out a section that he could repeat ad infinitum, and then he did everything else you hear on it. Working with Brian is great, because we don't have the same music in our heads, but his sheer presence makes me do things differently in the studio, and it's just great talking about music, politics, everything.

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|