View Single Post
Old 11.14.2012, 08:15 AM   #9
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
you both prefer midnight marauders to the low end theory?

absolutely. It's close, but yes.

For me it's because I heard MM first. I was what? Like 12 or 13 when it had come out and really I was just getting into music hard y'know? I had been really into like Nirvana, Pearl Jam and the Dr Dre and Snoop singles and was starting to explore music for real. And when I got MM it was just like "woah." It really cemented to me this idea of what an ALBUM sounded like y'know? And it's just such a crazy record. Sure, going back I realized that they had already built that with Low End, but I had fallen in love with MM first. So yeah to this day it remains my #1 hip hop album of all time. IT's def a personal thing rather than a quality thing. In fairness, I'd say both records are about tied for quality.