View Single Post
Old 06.17.2007, 12:03 PM   #232
jico.
expwy. to yr skull

jico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's asses
i didnt feel like starting a new thread, so i decided to put this here.

Koji Tano 1961 - 31.07.2005

Koji Tano is one of the most respected Japanese artists in contemporary electronic Music.
additionally to countless great releases, he ran a record-store for experimental arts in Tokyo.
he was also publisher of the famous Denzatsu magazine.
besides his hard work for his ideas, he was a respectable and very fine person - and a friend.
after only 2 months he lost his struggle against cancer.
- we will never forget him -

on 1.08.2005 I was told about Koji Tano's death. I was completely shocked, although I knew since a while that Koji's life was going towards a unavoidable end. At the moment he passed, there were too many words unspoken, too many plans destroyed and I felt I would explode if nothing happens. so I began to work on a concept for a last goodbye, a musical gravestone for my friend from the other side of the planet. From the beginning on I found a lot of people who joined me and on 9.08.2005 the message about the tribute compilation was spread into the worldwideweb. I want to thank all the labels, all the artists and all my friends who supported me in doing this hommage to a person we all will miss forever.

within only 23 days this compilation was finished and
154 artists from 31 countries
took part in this final

Tribute to Koji Tano

this compilation is for free download and was released one month after Koji Tano's death, on 31.08.2005.

CD1 74,6MB
CD2 91,3MB
CD3 79,8MB
CD4 91,3MB
CD5 79,5MB
CD6 87,5MB
CD7 80,8MB
CD8 94,5MB
CD9 79,4MB
CD10 79,8MB

COVER outside / inside (with bandlist)

after downloading and zipping these 10 CD-folders, each folder can be burned as a audio-CD.
the audio-content of each CD-folder is between 73 and 80 minutes.

as far as we know, all tracks are unpublished (except Emil Beaulieau), most of them are exclusive for this tribute and the very main part was especially recorded for Koji Tano, after the message of his death.
all tracks are in chronological order,; as we received them.

the loudness of the tracks can differ in several cases, because we wanted to keep each work original, as the artist wanted it to be. we did no additional mastering on the tracks, except to increase the volume of a few very quiet ones.

the reason, why we decided to do a free download compilation and not a CD or LP release is, that we do not want to make any profit from a friend's death. we only want to set a artistic monument for a great man and his unforgetable lifework. another reason was that everybody, who wants to say goodbye to Koji Tano, could do this on a online-compilation. a CD or LP release would just have been a limitation in artists and in spreading.

my special thanks are for the artists for their great contributions and for all the people who helped me in spreading the message about this project. a special thanks to M. / Institution D.O.L, who helped me in many situations, another thank You is to Tadeo from Gearwear / Mexico, who did the CD coverdesign and the final special thanks goes to
Sjaak Jobses / Rtek of rxj.nl, without whom this tribute would have failed in the very beginning.
following a few labels, who helped us to make this project work:
Amplexus / Silentes / Vinyl on Demand / Sdim Org. / Vrihaspati Rec. / Atacama Records / Clear Spot
War Office Propaganda / Soleilmoon / Torpor / Reduktive Musiken / Divine Comedy / Eternal Soul / Ant-Zen
Loki-Foundation / ColdSpring / Nail Records / Nuit et Brouillard / Hagshadow / O.P.N.
Steelwork Maschine / Ambimorpheous / Athanor
/ Butcher's House Prod.
(if You feel to be forgotten in the credits, please tell me and I will add You)

a picture and the complete audio recordings
from one of Koji Tano's last concerts on 3.02.2005 in Maastricht/Netherlands.
MSBR (mp3 / 32,2mb)
MSBR vs Culpis (mp3 / 44,2mb)

jico. is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|