View Single Post
Old 04.27.2022, 06:11 AM   #53866
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel
Pavements' Terror Twilight Deluxe was finally released with the originally intended track order reinstated and remastered. It's surprising what a different mix has accomplished with these songs: muddiness is removed, in turn brining Malkmus' guitar to the forefront of the mix revealing chord progression and melody that was previously lost, buried in the mix. The general tone is now similar to Brighten the Corners and Wowee Zowee. Along with changing the track list the album is now at the least, listenable. I tested it in the garden, April sun, drunk, at ridiculous sound levels and it was canny.

Fuck yeah. I can’t believe it’s taken so long for this deluxe reissue to come through. The reissue efforts started when S&E was literally 11 years old. Not it’s 30 years old. The BTC reissue came out in like ‘08. Fuck’s sake!

Anyway, I’ve always like Terror Twilight. It’s certainly the least-good Pavement album, but I still dig it. I’m attached to the original tracklist, so that part is a bit weird for me, but I 100% agree that the new mix is a huge improvement.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|