View Single Post
Old 12.17.2009, 02:55 PM   #4947
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
ILLMATIC vs THE INFAMOUS is really really tough. They're similar, but miles apart thematically.

Nas tries to keep things very concise and from a singluar point of view. It's very real. Very poetic. Very honest.

Mobb made a horror film on record. It's creepy and paranoid and agressive and over the top lyrically.

I love them both, but in different ways.

True. My essential problem with TRULY loving The Infamous I guess is that it's basically Illmatic that made me a rap fan, like the voice of god coming down (well, I got it with Madvillainy, so that would be the other half of my induction), and it was a big part of what music was for me for about a month, and when it was during that period that I branched out into the Infamous, and it couldn't help but suffer when compared at the time. I need to listen to it again now as a more mature hip-hop listener. Haven't put in on for more than one or two tracks in a couple of months.
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
The Earl Of Slander is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|