View Single Post
Old 12.16.2009, 05:42 AM   #1231
A Thousand Threads
expwy. to yr skull

A Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's asses
This has been floating around the internet for a while. Anyways,
just recently discovered it. It's great

Nasmak Plus Instruments/Instruments Plus Nasmak (LP, Plurex, 1980)

One of those albums I sadly missed when it came out, although I had other stuff by Nasmak in those days, like the earlier posted '4Our Clicks'. Nasmak started as Nasmaak, a band with lots of dressing up, and with a leading role for Truus de Groot. But sheer experimentation took over when they release Nasmak Plus Instruments, their first LP. The a-side shows them in conventional line up, whereas the b-side is more about Truus and her crackle box. She will soon leave the group to work with Plus Instruments (their two albums can be found on other blogs). I just got a solo tape from her, which I'll post next week. This LP was John Peel's favorite continental record back then, and Nasmak was the first Dutch band to do a Peel Session.

download
A Thousand Threads is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|