View Single Post
Old 11.11.2022, 12:28 PM   #399
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
Last week I went to my first concerts in four years!!

on Thursday I traveled by train down to Lille to see Oiseaux Tempete at the Aeronef. This was the first gig of a small tour to promote their new album, and the closest from where I live, so I figured what the heck I'll just go to Lille of all places.
They were good, but the overall sound in the hall could have been much better. From where I stood, the bass was overloading the other sounds. Perhaps it was just me, my ears are fucked which is why I hadn't been to a concert for so long.
They were billed as Oiseaux Tempete & Friends, but next to the regulars including former The Ex singer GW Sok the only extra guest was Ben Shemie the singer of SUUNS. I guess on later dates they will also be joined by Radwan Ghazi Moumneh of Jerusalem in My Heart. Don't think Jessica Moss will be touring with them this time, but you never know ...

I didn't tape, but here's a 24 minute video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MmN49IGVc8 (not by me though)

Bertrand, if you're reading this, they're playing near you next week (if I remembered where you live)! See https://www.oiseaux-tempete.com/tour.html

The next day I went back up to Brussels, to see Dans Dans at the small upstairs room of the AB. They also played their first show on a tour to promote their new album named 6. It's named like that because it is their fifth album I think.
The sound was much better than in Lille, nearly perfect actually, and the band was great. To be honest their songs are a bit boring actually, especially on their latest album. But once they get going, and the guitarist starts soloing it just sounds amazing.
Didn't tape them either, just didn't feel like carrying all the gear with me.
And I can't find any videos on YT or their facebook yet, maybe later ...

The next day I spent all day in the fine arts museum of Brussels, including a special exhibition on Matisse. And some of their regular art is amazing, including Rubens whose paintings are huge!

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|