View Single Post
Old 08.20.2022, 03:09 PM   #397
Bertrand
expwy. to yr skull

Bertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's asses
Aldous Harding, and that was great.
She has amazing voices.
I mostly appreciated the guitar only songs such as Treasure.
The concert was in Saint-Malo, it was the opening night of a big festival there.
I attended the second night, in a fort in the open. The weather was fine. But this is a big festival, which means lots of people, which means lots of people to feed. Smelled of poor quality fries cooked in the same oil for 6 hours or so. Plus cigarettes.
That's the kind of thing that gets to distract me more and more as I get older.
Cola was a fine opening band, quite subtle.
Then came Black Country, New Road, that couldn't seem to hold on together.
I secured a good place for Wet Leg and paid no real attention to Geese in the distance.
Wet Leg enjoy the success of Chaise Longue. They get to play many gigs (they were supposed to play in Rennes last winter but cancelled to go to the US instead). They looked happy to enjoy the success. The crowd seemed pleased, but I couldn't see why. They take all they can from it, that's fine for them, but well... when it's easy you turn lazy.
I was so pissed that I left after that.
Fontaines D.C. played two hours later, I haven't seen them (I really like their latest). I told myself they had been disappointing 3 years earlier (but that wasn't for that album).
I'll probably not go to this festival ever again, no matter the line up.
Too crowded and the fort keeps being damaged by us people walking all over the place.
Bertrand is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|