Thread: Loudness wars
View Single Post
Old 07.29.2010, 12:41 PM   #12
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevusa
I don't agree with your "stick to tape" idea. Just use digital (your computer) more like a tape machine and then you got something! Analog is dead or dying...

bullshit! A computer cannot possibly catch the nuances and subtleties of things like feedback and harmonics, and it rarely catches the true dynamics of the instruments. It makes drum tracks sound like drum machines, and makes vocals sound like shit shit shit.

I fucking despise all digital recording, it is the lazy and irresponsible way to cut an album.

analog is not dying at all, in fact it is having quite the comeback as people realize how useful and great it really ease, and also how well it synchronizes with the digital editing and mastering technology. I honestly love the best of both worlds, record on tape, mix down and produce on computers.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|